City Tours, Food and Wine, Nature, Tasting, Unconventional
A perfect trip to discover the beautiful Taormina, known as the jewel of Sicily and located beneath Mt. Etna, the most active volcano in Europe.
You will have the opportunity to taste the magnificent Sicilian wines and visit a famous winery, with accommodation in elegantly furnished rooms of amazing hotels in Taormina.
DURATION: 4 days/3 nights
Day 1 – Taormina
- Check-in at the hotel Villa Diodoro.
Day 2 – Mount Etna & Wine Tasting
- Off-road tour of Mount Etna in a 4×4 Jeep, to explore the natural caves formed by the lava of the volcano over the centuries, and trekking on the rocks, accompanied by a professional mountain guide who will tell you about the history of the mountain;
- Visit, wine tasting and light lunch in a exclusive winery with vineyards growing over lava stone, on the slope of the volcano.
Day 3 – Taormina walking tour
- 09:00AM Meetup with the guide at the hotel for the walking tour of Taormina. Visit of the Greek theater of Taormina, home to theatrical performances and concerts; tour of Villa Comunale and its garden; introduction to the origins of Isola Bella, the small land a few feet away from the coast of Taormina.
Day 4: Departure
- Check-out of the hotel.
~ Hotel Villa Diodoro 4**** ~
Located in the center of the elegant Taormina, opened in 1970, it is still nowadays a charming, refined and exclusive hotel, a place for those that enjoy the best in life.
- Accommodation as follows:
- Superior lateral sea view or garden view room with balcony (3 nights);
- Buffet Breakfast.
- Exclusive experiences:
- Light Lunch & Wine Tasting (3 hours);
- Private and exclusive Etna 4×4 Tour (half day).
- Guided tour with English speaking licensed guide:
- Walking tour of Taormina (half day).
- Airplane tickets to/from Sicily;
- Transfer from/to airport;
- Meals and tips;
- Entrance tickets to the monuments;
- City tax at the hotel (per day per person);
- Anything else not present in “The rate includes”.
>> The tour can be personalized on request.
>> Wineries are mostly closed on Sundays and holidays; the order of the itinerary will be inverted if the wine tasting falls on a closing day.
>> The tour can be subjected to variations based on availability; if the hotel or winery is not available, JustSicily will give a valid alternative.
>> The rate can change based on seasonality.